Stuck for a play, challenge #7 in our Summer Reading Project. Here are David Mamet's top 10 American plays which comes courtesy of The Wall Street Journal 1. Thornton Wilder’s 'Our Town'
2. Ben Hecht and Charles MacArthur’’s 'The Front Page'
3. Edward Albee’s 'Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?'
4. Tennessee Williams’s 'A Streetcar Named Desire '
5. Arthur Miller’s 'All My Sons'
6. John Patrick Shanley’s 'Doubt'
7. William Saroyan’s 'The Time of Your Life'
8. Mart Crowley’s 'The Boys in the Band'
9. Gore Vidal’s 'The Best Man '
10. Clare Boothe Luce’s 'The Women' Would anyone like to suggest some Irish or European plays, Oscar Wilde springs to mind. How about reading a play rather than a novel as your next book group read?